Here are 6 ways you can give back without even spending a dime. Make someones day and be sure to do at least one of these everyday. 🙂
- Smile at a stranger – Like they say, smiles are contagious. A smile can really brighten up someones day. So next time you shop be sure to smile at you cashier. Who knows, it may put them in a better mood.
- Hold the door for someone – If you see someone behind you be kind and hold the door for them. Sometimes it’s little things like this that I really appreciate. I have been in places with luggage and had to struggle to get the door open. Think of others and maybe good karma will come back to you. 🙂
- Say Thank You! – I don’t know what it is but, lately, I feel like I rarely hear the word “Thank You” when I’m out in public. I always thank cashiers when I am out shopping. Sure, sometimes they just give me a look, and I rarely hear, “you’re welcome”, but it is something I make a point to do no matter what mood i’m in. Show others you appreciate things they do for you and be grateful. You’ll feel better for it.
- Hug a Friend! – Think of all those times you could just use a Hug. If you see a friend who looks down give them a hug. You might really change their whole day just by showing them you care.
- Say something positive about someone – A kind word can brighten someones day. A simple “you look nice today” or “I love your new haircut” can really make someone feel good. Pay someone a compliment a kind word could turn their whole day around.
- Offer your time – The community needs volunteers, if you are able to help someone why not offer your time. If you see someone who needs help, maybe an old women having problems carrying her groceries, you could help her carry them. It’s the little things that can really make a difference. You don’t need to have money to help others.